Footage showing men carrying bags to the Saudi consul general's office in Istanbul might carry Khashoggi's body parts, according to Turkish media.
A Turkish state television channel had broadcast a video showing men carrying suitcases purportedly containing the remains of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi into the residence of his country's consul general in Istanbul.
The footage showed men carrying a total of five cases through the main entrance of the residence, a short distance from the consulate where Khashoggi, a leading critic of Saudi policies, was killed in early October.
A Turkish official said the media report, appeared to be accurate, without giving further details. Local media said the cases had been brought to the residence in a black minibus at 3:09 pm local time.
Jamal Khashoggi, a dissident journalist from Saudi Arabia and Washington Post columnist went into a self-imposed exile to the United States one year ago, when the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman started his widespread crackdown on dissenters.
He went to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 to get papers for his marriage and never returned. Turkey maintained that the kingdom’s officials killed him inside the consulate.
After three weeks of denial, the kingdom accepted Khashoggi was killed in the consulate but claimed the crown prince had no knowledge of the "rogue operation” carried out by a 15 member team consisting of high ranking Saudi officials who went to Istanbul the same day as Khashoggi.
Saudi officials have rejected accusations that the crown prince ordered his death. The murder has sparked global outrage and damaged the international reputation of the 33-year-old prince, the kingdom's de facto leader.
After offering numerous contradictory explanations regarding the fate of Khashoggi, Riyadh later said he had been killed and his body dismembered when negotiations to persuade him to return to Saudi Arabia failed. Khashoggi's remains have not been found and Turkey has repeatedly asked Saudi Arabia where they are. Last month, Turkish police searched a remote villa in a coastal area southeast of Istanbul as part of the investigation.
Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor's office said last month it is seeking the death penalty for five individuals, and that 11 of 21 suspects have been indicted and will be referred to court in Saudi Arabia.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said last week Ankara was working with other countries to take the investigation into Khashoggi's killing to the United Nations.
The Central Intelligence Agency of the United States concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination.