• Live
    • Audio Only
  • google plus
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Venezuelan Foreign Affaris Ministry has rejected the new sanctions imposed by the U.S. against members of the FANB.

    Venezuelan Foreign Affaris Ministry has rejected the new sanctions imposed by the U.S. against members of the FANB. | Photo: vicepresidencia.gob.ve

Published 1 March 2019

According to the statement "the [Donald] Trump administration admits in this way its purpose of harming the patriotic military for acting in defense of the Constitution, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Venezuela."

The Venezuelan government rejected on Friday the new coercive unilateral and illegal measures implemented by the United States government against Venezuelan military officers.

RELATED:
Venezuela Denounces US Military Threat at The UN

Foreign Affairs Minister Jorge Arreaza published an official statement from the Ministry on his official Twitter account, in which he argues that the decision is part of "the failed strategy of Washington to promote and provoke an uprising" against the Venezuelan Government.

According to the statement "the [Donald] Trump administration admits in this way its purpose of harming the patriotic military for acting in defense of the Constitution, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Venezuela."

According to the Venezuelan government, led by democratically elected President Nicolas Maduro, these sanctions against military personnel in Venezuela are only because they defended Venezuela against "a vulgar attempt to invade the country and flagrant aggression against the dignity of the Venezuelan people."

In the text, they state that the U.S. has acknowledged its attempt to break the nationalist commitment of those who are part of the Bolivarian National Armed Forces (FANB), "going so far as to resort to attempts at bribery and direct threats," according to the Foreign Affairs Ministry statement.

The Venezuelan Government also demanded "the immediate cessation of the multi-faceted aggression and demands that the international community enforce the Charter of the United Nations in its fundamental principles and purposes" to stop the aggression against the people of Venezuela.

Responding to the news about the latest sanctions, Venezuelan Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez said that his ministry would provide the list of names of all the military personnal to the United States department of treasury in order to "facilitate" the their task of imposing sanctions, Lopez said in a tweet in what appeared to be a sarcastic comment in defiance of such U.S. actions.

People

Jorge Arreaza
Comment
0
Comments
Post with no comments.