The father of the Palestinian 18-month-old boy killed in a savage arson attack by Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank has also died from injuries sustained in the blaze.
Sa’ad Dawabsheh, 32, died early Saturday, in Soroka hospital where he had been receiving treatment for second-degree burns, his brother told Al Jazeera.
The father of Ali, who died as rescuers could not reach his room engulfed in flames, leaves behind his wife, Riham and four-year-old son Ahmad, who remain in a critical condition.
Police officials said the house in Duma, a small village near the city of Nablus, was torched while the family was sleeping and graffiti in Hebrew reading “revenge” was painted on the wall outside.
The incident was described as “a terror attack” by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
A helicopter was deployed to the home to rush to hospital the parents of the dead child and his four-year-old brother, officials said.
According to Reuters, this was the worst attack by Israeli extremists since a Palestinian teenager was torched to death in Jerusalem a year ago. That followed the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teenagers by Palestinian militants in the West Bank, which used to justify the 51-day Israeli attack on Gaza, which left over 2,000 Palestinians dead.
A witness, Ibrahim Dawabsheh, told Reuters he heard people shouting for help from the house and rushed to it. "I saw two masked men outside," he added.
"We found the parents outside with burns, they said there was another son in the house, we brought him out and then they said there was another boy inside, but we couldn't reach the bedroom because of the fire. He was left inside until rescue forces came," Dawabsheh said.
The United Nations reports that more than 120 attacks by Israeli settlers have been documented in the occupied West Bank since the beginning of 2015.
WATCH: Protests Sweep Palestine Over Killing of 18-Month Old Baby