• Live
    • Audio Only
  • google plus
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Israeli soldiers pose for a photo in front of the Dome of the Rock in the Al-Aqsa mosque compound.

    Israeli soldiers pose for a photo in front of the Dome of the Rock in the Al-Aqsa mosque compound. | Photo: AFP

Published 23 April 2015

The Sheikh called for Palestinian worshipers to remain inside the mosque in order to face the repeated settler aggression against the mosque. 

The Grand Sheikh of Al-Aqsa mosque warns that the situation in Jerusalem has become “very dangerous,” due to continuing Israeli settler desecration of Al-Aqsa.

Speaking to the Palestinian newspaper Alreslah, Ekrema Sabri said that the situation has escalated after hundreds of Jewish settlers invaded the perimeters of the mosque that day and “disgraced the Muslim site.”

He added that those actions were called for by several extreme Israeli settlers nongovernmental organizations under the protection of the Israeli government.

“They aim to create a new Israeli reality in the city and in the Muslim holy sites at a time when the Arab and the Muslim communities are busy dealing with internal issues and conflicts.”

RELATED: Human Rights Report Shows Israeli War Crimes in Gaza

According to Alresalah newspaper, several extreme nongovernmental organizations and rabbis called on their supporters earlier this week to enter the Muslim holy site, known by Jews as Temple Mount, under the banner of "The Temple Mount is in our hands."

Other groups have called on their supporters to enter the Al-Aqsa mosque and wave the Israeli flag as they commemorated on Thursday the anniversary of the Israeli independence day

In related news, the Israeli army said Thursday that its tanks struck Palestinian fighters positions in the Gaza strip. According to claims by the Israeli military, the attack on Gaza came as a retaliation to a rocket that was fired from the Israeli-Gaza border.

No injures were reported from the town in which the rocket had reportedly fallen, and no Palestinian group assumed the responsibility for the alleged rocket attack.

The Israeli-Gaza border has not seen any military confrontation since the 50-day Israeli attack on Gaza last summer.

RELATED: Cease Fire, Resume Genocide: An interview with Dr. Jacob Smith

Comment
0
Comments
Post with no comments.